Retina is a thin light sensitive layer of tissue that lines the inner most surface of the eye. It is situated near the Optical nerve .Retina is the part that captures the light and then converts it into neural signals and send the same to the brain ton enable our vision. Any damage or disorder /disease in Retina can cause blurring / loss of vision.
At Garg Eye Clinic, Dr Priti Garg , your Eye Specialist do medical retina which is broad terminology related to eye examination that covers many Retinal Disorders and once detected and diagnosed they can be treated appropriately with medicine or laser depending on .the underlying cause.
Common Medical Retina Problems
- Diabetic Retinopathy & Hypertensive Retinopathy
- Retinal Artery / Venous Oclusions CRAO , BRAO ,CRVO & BRVO
- Central Serous Retinopathy
- Age related macular degeneration
- Hereditary / Genetic retinal disorder / Retinitis Pigmentosa
- ROP - Retinopathy of Prematurity in infants due to O2 exposure
- Drug Toxicity - HCQ , Ethmbutoel and Aclcohol
- Optic Neuritis- Viral or Dengenrative
Methods of Diagnosis
- Detail fully dilated Retina Examination by 90 D Lens or by Opthalmoscope
- Control of underlying systemic disease - Diabetes/ Hypertenion
- Oral and topical ( eye drops )
- Retinal Lasers